At Olivia's Haven, we use the highest quality ingredients to make our products. We hand pour every single wax melt, candle and diffuser and curate each fragrance with so much love and care. Since the beginning of Olivia's Haven, we knew that we wanted to use soy wax, over any other type of wax. It has so many benefits and is such an amazing wax to use! Here's why we love it so much...
What actually is Soy Wax?
Soy wax is a vegetable wax which originally derives from soybean oil. When soybeans are harvested, they are cleaned, cracked and rolled into flecks and then the oil is extracted and hydrogenated. The oils melting point is altered as the unsaturated fatty acids in the oil become saturated and it solidifies when at room temperature. At Olivia's Haven, we source all our soy wax responsibly and sustainably. Our suppliers are partners of Pro-forest and have committed to working towards a 100% verified deforestation-free supply chain by 2025.
Benefits of Soy Wax
- Soy wax is a natural, renewable product, that is safe for your skin and respiratory system.
- It doesn't release toxins, carcinogens or pollutants when it is burning, as its derived from vegetables, which isn’t as likely to affect those who suffer with allergies.
- Soy wax burns on around 50% slower than paraffin wax. This means you’ll get to burn your OH candles for longer and this gives you better value for money too!
- Soy wax is biodegradable and you can clean it off any surface with soap and water. This also makes it really easy to repurpose your Olivia’s Haven candle glass when your candle is finished.
- It won't release petrol-carbon soot, which you get from paraffin candles. Meaning you can forget those black marks on your walls!
These are just a few reasons why we use soy wax at Olivia’s Haven. We believe that soy wax produces the best quality candles for you, and it doesn’t harm the environment - which is a huge plus for us! It also allows us to ensure that our products are all vegan and cruelty-free, as well as sustainable. So you can enjoy all your OH goodies with a clean conscience!